Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thai? Ohh my.

So last night we went to a cute little Thai/Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant last night while the kiddo was up at the skating rink for a party. I kind of have a rule I follow. If the place offer Pad Thai I get it. Pad Thai is a tasty dish from (Anyone? Anyone?) Thailand! I should say that it is one of my favorite Thai dishes when it is done right. When done right it is spicy and tasty and I love it. When done wrong it is spicy ketchup on noodles. So trying Pad Thai at a new place is always an adventure for me. I liken it to gambling for other people. So last night I rolled the dice! I crapped out unfortunately. This morning was a more literal. Seem that ketchup and sriracha hot sauce cooked, as it was, was pretty rough on the belly. This is odd as I have mixed the two plenty of time, and in much more concentrated batched with no odd effects many times before. OK too much info there but Pad Thai was Bad Thai last night.
However something really kicked in last night that I hadn't really noticed before (no not the pepper sauce!). When I go out to eat with my Bride we usually grab two separate dishes so that we can get a good sample of multiple dishes. However SHE ALWAYS gets the good dish. I have only had the nice dish ONCE! Sure you can chock it up to luck, karma, fate, or her more refined culinary choices but I attribute it to my bad mouthing of Buddha. I have made fun of that fat atheist for years and I am obviously on a blacklist somewhere. All those gold painted idols have to have some kind of receiver in them somewhere that marks me as a target for the bad dish no matter what. Paranoid you say? Ok whatever! I say paranoia is reality on a finer scale (yeah that is from the movie The Crow.the 1st one not the rotten tomato sequels).
So what do I do? Make up with the jolly old gent? Appease him with candy and flowers? !@*&% NO! Forget that! You want a piece of me FAT MAN?! Bring it on! I can handle anything this side of salmonella! I ate the local food in Iraq, Thailand, Korea and Kentucky. Bring your worst tubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment