Friday, April 27, 2012

Fine art, or the mess we made!


So the walls have been painted and pictures are slowly going back up. The thing is we had a big naked spot over the stairs that needed filling in. I tried to put my Captain America Shield up there but was vetoed when Christmas passed. So The Boss and I discussed colors and it and decided some abstract painting would be the best thing. Red as the major color with the other house colors added too. Yeah it had to be abstract. So my baby, my rock, the wind beneath my wings said that I should paint it. I just started painting and am not any good at it but even I can do something abstract right?! Kinda. So I found a cheap canvas (relatively speaking that is...) and bought some more paints and got to work. It sucked!! Thankfully I have a wife I don't mind going to and saying things like "Wanna see it? It really sucks!". I don't mind saying things like this because I know that there is usually an 85-91% chance that she can fix it! So she made some noises and grabbed a pallet knife and got to work. The result is much better than it was before and is as good as any other abstract stuff I have seen. However I am no art critic (if you are an art critic and are looking at this do not reply unless it is an offer to buy it for a boat load of money) but I like it!!!!!! It is unique and it is OURS! WE made it!! So we get the shared credit and blame! Years from now we will look at it and go "Awwwwww" or "What were we thinking?" or something else but we will be looking at it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment