Friday, April 27, 2012

Still infusing...


One of the nice things about a wife with better taste(s) than me is she can imagine things I can't. She really rounds me out, with her cooking she literally rounds me out and with her tastes she mentally and inspirationally rounds me out. I won't say she is my muse but she is a great source of ideas! So we had 1/2 bottle of not so nice Grappa, or Crappa as I think of it, that needed something done with it. I don't drink much anymore but I enjoy infusing liquor. I was thinking of turning it into something akin to a citrus-cello hoping that the zests would mask the smoke of the Crappa. Yes I said smoke. It was aged in an old whiskey barrel. No I don't know why. My bride however thought of infusing it with pear. Now I did not grow up eating pear and I am not a huge fan of it. I will eat it now and even enjoy it if it is a nice one, but if there is a choice between a nice pear or a nice apple well call me Johnny Appleseed. Anyway I took her suggestion and we grabbed some pears that she suggested while out shopping and it has been infusing for about a month now. The smell about a week into the process was fantastic and I started a vodka/pear infusion. I am thinking that a pear liqueur would be nice but I guess time will tell!! This has become a fun little hobby as it lets me create fun things to sip on special occasions and it takes so little of my brain to employ. That is where my sweetie comes into play! If I need a fresh perspective she is there to BAFF me on back of the head and go "Try this!", because husbands need BAFFED from time to time!

No comments:

Post a Comment